View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #70
Commala
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
I like to change my meter colors by disabling the image, except for one thing. The color is there even when there is no signal, just more faintly. Ugly. Is there a code that controls that, or the amount of bleed through or overlay or whatever it's called?
There's no control for that, no

Quote:
Not really coming up with many cool script ideas. I'm just using the faders for general types of track with SWS auto layout. Scripts could probably ape that for track features/properties that are not included in auto layout. I was thinking maybe some of the recording settings.
I think you're on to something with the scripts for this. It just needs to be something invisible and automatic, or at least makes it easier than it currently is to change them as a set. Myself, I just set them up for project templates and that's where I leave them

Quote:
A minor thing. Are you set on the text direction in the MCP separators? I think I would prefer it if the tops of the letters faced track 1, like the routing matrix. I do think its right in TCP for the vertical text to go downwards, because it's like the name plates in the mixer if turned 90 degrees.
I'm of the opinion that the left side should be the bottom of the text when set vertically. In book publishing, the titles on the spine are printed that way to be readable when the books are face up on a table (the words on the spine won't then be upside down). I prefer this for consistency. That said, isn't there an option in Reaper to change which way the text faces when set vertically?

Edit: yes, it's under "Appearance" in preferences. Looks like the routing matrix doesn't follow this setting

Quote:
Is there nothing in theming that can prevent the seperator from zooming in TCP/arrange? I guess probably not.
Actually, there may be, if there's some kind of mechanism to set the max TCP height. But I can't remember coming across that
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote