View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #123
rdesanti
Human being with feelings

Default MAC Reaper Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamester View Post
Decided to simplify for easier customization and quicker workflow. For Live heads, think of this as Reaper's Impulse, only without the sample-changing bug. :-)

Eight channels, chromatic from notes 36 - 43, stereo master outs. Expand as you go; I find this easier than starting with a huge template, personally.

Place the file in the Track Templates folder, inside your Reaper folder in: Documents and Settings/user/Aplication Data/Reaper. Simply preview your one-shots through Reaper's Media Explorer and drag them right into the sampler!

36 - Kick
37 - Snare
38 - Perc 1
39 - Perc 2
40 - Perc 3
41 - Perc 4
42 - HH CL
43 - HH OP (with "obey note-off messages" for pseudo-choke)

Thanks and enjoy!

10/19/07 New updated template:
* Revised the instrument order (still fully customizable of course) to be more like Live's Impulse, with Kick and Snare at the beginning and Hats at the end. This facilitates playing beats on a 4x4 pad controller, as K/S is left hand and HH's are right hand.
* Named the samplers to their instruments (new RPR feature!) which greatly enhances workflow.
* FYI: Schwa's excellent Midi Note Namer is no longer required for a drum map, as the Sampl0matic now shows the names of the samples used in the midi editor (another new RPR feature)!

08/30/09 New updated template!
* Readrums is now "racked" in a Folder Track with output tracks for the samplers all assigned and ready to go. Note that there is only one output track for the Hats, as they'd usually be processed the same. If seperate processing is desired, simply add a track into the folder and route it accordingly.
Am new to this and I have a MAC. Where are the Reaper folders installed like color themes and the Templates folders located? I know they are here somewhere? Trying to install the Readrums.
Thanks ahead!
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote