View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #103
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

just set up the zoom thing, and wow!
always seems that getting the view to do what you want is key in speed and ease of working.

just for a hoot i made a mini-macro using select item under mouse and the sws toggle zoom, then assigning it the mousewheel... (<<< crazy.. stop that man !)
which i have normally acting as just scroll up and down, with zoom assigned to ps2 analog sticks.

well it works a treat i must say, just point with mouse, nudge mouse wheel a clik, and bang you are in, nudge MW again and you are zoomed out for context, then back in somewhere else etc. v quick!
I didn't realise if there is a time selection it zooms to that (and track), so for just item zooming, i created an action button in the corner that clears time selection, tho I may assign a key also.

so with minimal mousing and zero button bashing i get a really intuitive zooming in and out experience.

I think its the quick zoom out to a consistant view that does it, brings context and overview very quickly..

so uh yeh, i like it.

look forward to any future treats. thanks