View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Thanks for testing Airon, this has been a pain for me. The short film I'm currently doing is only 15 mins long but I can barely get through it twice before running out on reaper 32bit but in win7 64bit.

I didn't want to so the 64bit because of plugins and hardware controllers and we can't firewall the video window.

Also the codecs I installed from your thread for the none ffmpeg decoding manage to steal the main outs on my lynx sound card so the front speakers don't work anymore so that's no go so far too

Hope it gets looked at as it use to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
I actually have one such session right now. Let me check.

-edit-

First impression. Yes, the memory consumption steadily grows.

The video specs:
Code:
Length: 25:31.843
Video: 1920x1080@30.00fps, Aspect=1.00, Decoding format=YV12
Audio: 44100Hz 2ch 16bps

Using FFmpeg DLL decoder v52.61.0 (--enable-shared --disable-static --enable-memalign-hack --cross-prefix=i686-mingw32- --cc=ccache-i686-mingw32-gcc --arch=i686 --target-os=mingw32 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-bzlib --enable-libgsm --enable-libfaad --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libxvid --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libx264 --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb)
Video: h264, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 6994 kb/s
Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 253 kb/s
It grows quite slowly. Will report back after the full video has played.

-edit-

Full video has played. RAM compsumption grew by 50 MB over the course of playback at a steady burst of a little here and some there. It was not entirely continous.

After a while of having stopped playback, RAM consumption fell by around 20 MB, and has so far remained steady.

Reinitiating playback has RAM usage jumping by an instant 10 MB, and a few seconds later by another 10 MB.

I started playback from the start and the RAM consumption is continuing to climb in the same fashion so far.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote