View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #50
BrianJ
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by technogremlin View Post
Just checked the resolution: I can consistently get to 0.1 dB, but sometimes (touching the fader VERY slightly) I can get a 0.05 dB change. Of course, doing this was to see how small of a change I could make (looking at the read-out of the value), it's not an actual mixing scenario as you won't hear a 0.05 dB change in a mix anyway

It actually does in a great way, it's called channel-strip mode which switches the 24 rotaries onto a separate MIDI channel and let you control whatever you like with them. I have set it up exactly as a channel strip (it has markers for 4 parametric EQ bands) controlling a ReaEQ instance that I've setup as default (with mapping to the US-2400) on each channel. I also got TAL-tube on each channel for saturation duties (offlined by default) with its drive and level controls mapped to the US-2400 strip mode.

But you can have them control any plugin that has focus (if you set it up that way. I can have two (or more) ReaEQs on a channel that are controlled each when they have focus.
Thanks for that. I'm seriously considering one of these for a control surface, but I've been burned before with "trying" something that always seemed to have limited functionality...so a few more questions...

1. How much resolution is on the pan knobs, both when in pan mode and when using them to control plugins?

2. What do the buttons above the jog wheel do?

3. Does the jog wheel have different modes? In other words, can you scroll through a whole song quickly and also a small area precisely?

4. Will the US2400 work on a Windows 7 64bit machine?

Thanks again for your help!