View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #187
cfillion
Human being with feelings

The "indexer" is reapack-index. It's a tool for generating a single XML index file understood by ReaPack out of the files and metadata. It is run automatically after each contribution on ReaTeam repos.

All (reapack-index) packages are plain text files with .ext, .theme and .data containing only metadata (example).

ReaPack was not made to manage files outside of REAPER's resource path so it cannot manage VSTs such as MIDItoReaControlPath. Also MIDItoReaControlPath's license doesn't allow redistribution...

@provides and @metapackage are indeed the tags to indicate what a package is made of. @provides is the list of files to include. @metapackage tell reapack-index not to include the current file (it's enabled by default for theme/ext/data).

https://github.com/cfillion/reapack-...ditional-files

I'll probably try porting ReaPack to Linux at some point... I haven't tried the REAPER alpha yet. (reapack-index does works on Linux though)

I clarified the parts in the docs about the file structure, @metapackage and --amend a little bit, thanks for beta-testing them!

Last edited by cfillion; 10-09-2016 at 10:02 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote