View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #116
s wave
Human being with feelings

Arrow Hay hey HAY LOL nice post love it....

Fedora is the playground (test sight etc) for Red Hat... Red hat is commercial monster
Very similar...
Hard to find a good mic in a trash can... But you can get new akg dynamic new *very good' $19 or berhinger (8500) sm58 knock off for $10 used. I used old sony 1960 unbalanced mic for a year... got it for $3 still used it especially if i want a dark ribbon mic sound. Oh yea you can make nice ribbon mic with tinfoil hammer and a magnet... free.

Similarities:
Like Fedora, Debian is very focused on free and open source software. A good judgement of whether a particular software project is truly free and open source software can be made on the basis of whether it is available via the Debian and Fedora repositories.
Both projects have a large body of collective knowledge from the community in the form of community governance, policies, and packaging guidelines.

🔗 Differences
Debian uses the deb format, dpkg package manager, and apt-get dependency resolver. Fedora uses the RPM format, the RPM package manager, and dnf dependency resolver.

Debian has free, non-free and contrib repositories, while Fedora has a single global repository that contains only free software applications. Debian has a larger repository with over 20,000 software packages. Fedora has around 15,000 software packages, although it should be taken into account that Fedora does not include a non-free or contrib repository.

Unlike Fedora, Debian does not follow a time-based release model

The 'RPM' package manager is considered the best by many...? IMO too.

Ardour 4 or 5 is good free back up DAW... I cut my teeth on it. Ive made song with 100 tracks and filters etc. But is a lil behind Reaper with 64 log-rhythm computation... Those extra computations give you a better plot line on the sine/wave or sound more accurate... and audacity is ok for 192hz too.

Rupert NEVE is the legend who made preamps in the 1960s; a gold standard for tube recording... signal noise ratio ] special slightly distorted warm sound etc.

I am no expert. I recorded on tape 2" for a few years. Now digital is sick... don't have to worry about noise or noise floor any more. Set a noise gate. Do floating bit 32 or 64 - you're good to go.

"The absence of limitations is the enemy of art" Orson Welles

Being able to 'overdrive' or distort a sound slightly with control has been key for my recording. In a recording studio they usually use the broken Toys r Us toy tambourine NOT the $400 one. It just sits in the mix much better. Anyway I, like you, are crash coursing DIGITAL... started 1 year and 10 months ago.

There is good and bad music... if you like it its good... Louis Armstrong.

Go smajjL go! I need a rock solid DAW (Reaper) ardour backup and my playground to make mistakes on purpose and laugh at myself... even a blind squirrel finds a nut... tc
s wave is offline   Reply With Quote