View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 05:57 AM   #42
osxmidi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
Yes the ilok tweaks worked. If they didn't, the Muse Receptor would not have been able to load Windows ilok protected plugins in Linux. And no, no driver from Windows or Pace was used.

I'm surprised that more people aren't familiar with the work Muse Research did. The information is freely available, especially in the Wine mailing lists and forums if you look for it.

As per the shared memory, you seem pretty confident Wine is allowing for shared memory. If you try the two quick tests I mentioned in the previous post, I would be very interested to hear your findings. In my case, Kontakt and other Windows VSTs are not sharing memory at all.
I wasn't talking about Muse, I was talking about the Wine patches that this thread is about https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=155470&p=3 where they seem to be doing something with Ilok and then they vanish, maybe because it didn't work, I don't know.

Like I said I have no idea about Muse and Ilok, I just guessed that seeing that a Windows driver can't be used then a Linux driver would be needed.

If Muse added whatever they did to the Wine code then apparently Ilok still isn't working.

I have no interest in Ilok at all.

The memory thing seems to be something like this unless I'm misunderstanding something.

The 2nd etc Kontakt instance that use the same samples can all use the same samples that were loaded into memory the first time.

LinVst isn't setup for that as it's a bit difficult with a Linux to Wine process routine.

Windows Reaper running under Wine would probably do it as it's just a Wine process, I don't know because I havn't tested it, also there is Carla but once again I don't use it so I don't know

Last edited by osxmidi; 09-02-2019 at 06:06 AM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote