View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Default group items, and link midi items

for me, reaper really needs the ability to group items into blocks. pretty sure i posted this before, but i find it's a really important feature. any item could be grouped, end even accross tracks. you can group multiple groups together. so say you have two groups, and group them together, when you ungroup, they don't ungroup into the primary elemental items, but they would split back into the previous two groups, and you could do this as often as you want.

another thing, that is linked to that (no pun intended) is linking midi items.

for me, i never know when i'm gonna want to change something. if i come up with an awesome melody over a beat i did, and then i want to change the beat a little to make it sound better together, i need to go and change my beat.

but if i've already copied my items and made verses with it i may have many copies of the beat i need to change, so now, i need to take forever and go into every single one just to change one note. and i might miss one as well.

but if i could link all similar items that would be so easy. you could link by function key and click and drag, you could link by right click when two or more same items are selected. and you could unlink one or more items by right clicking and selecting action unlink. so say you want to change only the 3rd bar of a beat throughout song, no problem just select quickly all first 2 bars and select unlink. and then select link again, and they're back linked but only together, without 3rd bar.

looping helps with this, and that's great and i use it and would continue to do so. but i also would like to link same that are not adjacent.