View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
LitaAlto
Human being with feelings

Default Cursor no longer moves & no audio when clicking Play

Hi, I'm a new user of Reaper. Right now I'm only using it for rudimentary mixing and am not using any instruments. I've successfully made a couple of mixes and I'm very happy with Reaper in general.

However, after a few days of using Reaper, I encountered a crash while loading a project. I relaunched Reaper, but the play button stopped working entirely. The cursor remains stuck wherever I put it.

Uninstalling and re-installing Reaper doesn't help.

I emailed Reaper support and they advised I post here:

"Please don't forget to include information about your operating system,
your exact audio interface model and driver version and your REAPER
version (64 or 32 bit?) in your post. Please be as specific as possible
when you describe the problem and what you've tried so far."

I have no idea what they mean by "audio interface model and driver version". Again, I'm using Reaper for rudimentary mixing.

I'm running Reaper v5.99/x64 on Windows 10 Pro, Version 1093, OS build 18362.476.

As a side-note, I'm a bit frustrated that Reaper doesn't log the info it needs for support requests. It would be a lot easier if I could provide a log that presents all the information needed for support. Heck, it would make it a lot easier for me to troubleshoot Reaper issues if I could review the log. I'll probably make a post for a feature request later on.

Does anyone have suggestions? Or better still, are there any extra details I need to know about to help figure out this issue?

Thanks.
LitaAlto is offline   Reply With Quote