View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #86
airon
Human being with feelings

Updated January 19th 2010
I'm adding the Pencil tool or smooth highlited waveform for de clicker and the Multitrack editing improvements - Extended edit groups requests to the post production requests.

It seems that dialogue editors are right up there on heavy use of the pencil-to-waveform feature, and a lot of folks like to edit lots of tracks at once, but not all, and without having to group items.

Thus we have the following list of feature requests running :
This feature request is now partially done. The timecode sync options now carry an entry for 23.976 timecode. The timecode generator item does not yet have this timecode option.
The Improved Video Support request is partially done. Video now works reliably for most of the formats we use. If not, please post in this discussion thread for the issue.
We still have these feature requests to show up in Reaper :
This is in development. They're doing a lot of under-the-hood work to get this done. We should see some results pretty soon.

This is a big deal to all editors. Contrary to what some may assume, Reaper in fact only has half the editing capabilities of Protools, which has object based editing as well. Rest assured, we'll keep asking for this, as everybody I know that works as an editor is asking for this. We call it a basic necessity.
Another basic necessity for post production work, and a definite workflow booster for all music productions. No word on this yet, but SWS is working on something that might fill this horrible void we find ourselves in right now.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote