View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #38
Tks0326
Human being with feelings

Default DAW Build

First off, I just want to thank everybody for sharing their experience and research on this thread as it has been invaluable for me as I am looking into a super budget DAW build. Due to all the debate and reviews I've read I've decided to go with a Xeon 1230 v2 with Asrock b75m mobo (I've read that with newer CPUs a bios update is necessary which requires an older CPU which I don't have, so I cross-checked this CPU/mobo combo and it looks like it's compatible out of the box) 1x8gb Crucial Ballistix low profile ram wd blue 1TB hd sapphire 5450 VGA card cheap fw800 and donated case/psu/cd-rom/fans from my father (he's a net admin for a school district.)

Any thoughts on this build? Specifically I'd like to know what the different acronyms for the mobo mean such as DGS/LS/ITX is this just the form factor? My application will be all instrument and vocal tracking no ists or sampling. I'll be recording 13 tracks at a time max and probably won't exceed 24 tracks total do you guys think this system will be sufficient? Thank you in advance! Oh btw my cost is around 450-500 right now...
Tks0326 is offline   Reply With Quote