View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
earlevel
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eqinfinity View Post
I set the SDK version to 10.9, and after building always get a failed assertion on line 432 of IGraphics.cpp, in the body of LoadBitmap() function
assert(imgResourceFound);
even though i have all the resources set in "Copy Bundle Resources" setting of Build Phases for all targets.
Same error with Xcode 5.1.1 and SDK 10.8.
On an error like that, your best bet is to step through with the debugger. Answer the question why imgResourceFound is zero. That comes from OSLoadBitmap, so you'll probably need to step through that.

BTW, I wanted to point out that you normally don't need to add other SDKs to Xcode. Not certain you are, but mentioning it for others. I did that in the beginning because I read other people doing it (Xcode 6.0 comes with 10.9 SDK, so add 10.8 SDK if you 10.8 support, etc.). Instead, the idea is to use the supplied SDK (latest/10.9) as the base, and 10.8 (or whatever) as the deployment target.

I figured that out long ago, but didn't want to make unnecessary changes till product shipped. But recently, I added AU/VST support, so took the opportunity to upgrade from Xcode 7 to Xcode 8 and use the latest/10.12 SDK as base, 10.8 as target. Works fine. The only real glitch I ran into was that the older VST3 SDK I had failed, and IPlug is (was? my fork is based on early 2016 idl/ol) incompatible with the latest VST3 SDK. I managed to find the previous VST3 SDK and was fine from there.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote