View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 11:43 PM   #6
Tiggerdyret
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
10 - Practice the musical aspects.
Much more than you ever considered (tho you seem to have put the hours in, but practice for the scrutiny of a high quality recording is a slightly different beast)

20 - Get to know & trust the gear you do have. Treatment is a good focus as it helps both recording sound and mix decisions.

GoTo 10

Good luck tho.

Just went through the process with new space and gear going out of my comfort zone into 'nowhere to hide' acoustic realms, and despite alot of practice and prep turned out I wasn't really ready when I started, needed more as the detail you go into to yield e.g a vocal that can withstand millions of listens on headphones and be on point is not normal!
Yeah, amen to that.

I think I'll stick to my cans for now as my focus is on getting the album ready, but I'd probably need to invest in a better space down the line, but it sounds like it is not the time for me to do so right now both in terms of money, focus and time.

Even though I am a Hi-fi nerd myself I don't really care that much about how my music plays on a stereo. Even considering people who care about good sound quality, how many actually listen intently on stereos and not just as background volume? Not a lot. I'm okay with a couple of engineers frowning at my work I'd just by happy if they were listening to it in the first place

I'll just keep mixing on my headphones and stick to the original plan of spending my budget on an engineer to help me out and teach me a few tricks along the way, when my mix is mostly done.

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 06-26-2019 at 01:28 AM.
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote