View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #12
serr
Human being with feelings

Do you have MIDI instrument stuff that is following timing from time signature markers and all that MIDI stuff going on?

I know there are options for copying the timeline markers. This IS separate from copying items and/or tracks. (That functionality is buried in what's called the Region and Marker Manager and I'm not sure how you tie timeline selections to it. I'm an audio guy, not MIDI.) But I'd suggest that if you have MIDI stuff like that going on and where it's tied to grids and so forth, that it would be much more work to combine such tracks. You've already reached the point where splitting into separate projects is the thing to do.

You can save track templates and plugin settings so make it easy to grab them for another project. Or just open another project with the thing you want to copy in another tab and cut/paste from it.

An option might be to render any MIDI stuff to audio tracks. Then you'd just have normal audio tracks and you could paste all the songs into a project with no need for the markers and regions for the MIDI triggering. If that actually sounds like it could make something easier, it's an option. If it's just more busywork though, just move on.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote