View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
aveter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
In REAPER, the tempo change is linear over time, so the time used to go from 120 to 100 is the same as the time used to go from 100 to 80.
Thank you very much for the answer!

What I need to manually set the gradual change of tempo - this is known to me, because it is MIDI standard. No problem. I'm talking about something else.

In your quote was based on the error, because the tempo change occurs linearly relative to the beats only, but on the scale of time is logarithmic function. Tempo is frequency (bps) - "x". The moments of time (seconds) is "y". y = ln(x), while the time itself is linear, and the tempo change is linear, but the dependence the values of the time moments from the values of the tempo change is a logarithmic function. Look, the rate of change of the function (derivative) depends on the initial rate, so:
- first, the interval from 120 bpm to 100 bpm, and from 100 bpm to 80 bpm can not be the same in time, because different initial rate of tempo change.
- second, if you change the tempo, for example, from 120 bpm to 40 bpm, the tempo will change at the beginning of the interval 119, 118, 117, etc., and at the end of the interval 44, 43, 42, 41 and 40. Thus, at the beginning of the interval there will be less time to tempo change, and at the end of the interval there will be more time spent. There is no linear function here, only a logarithmic function.

The fact that there are a lot of errors in Guitar Pro 7 is well known, but from Guitar Pro 7 to Cubase it was unloaded exactly "tick to tick". I'm making a video about it now.

Last edited by aveter; 06-11-2018 at 01:52 PM.
aveter is offline   Reply With Quote