View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #17
lunker
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf3000 View Post
Majorly awesome dude ! thanx alot.

will this get developed further ?

chord variations would be nice akin to the free vst plugin "improvisator".
Thanks! I am certainly open to considering improvements/enhancements. I took a very brief look at the Zyklus Improvisor, real-time harmonic sequencer (which I think is what you are talking about), and I'm not totally sure I understand what it does. But I admit that I didn't have much time to look at it today. Is it possible to feed the MIDI guitar chords into that VST, and let it do it's improvising thing? Or does it not work that way?

My tool is intended more as an assistant for creating MIDI guitar chords when you aren't familiar with the correct fingering, rather than an improvising tool. But I'm open to ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
Is it possible to add the action to the midi editor section so to add it to the midi piano roll tool bar. Also is there a way to make the window for the guitar tool to stay on top?
Yes to both questions. See this link for information about how to customize Reaper's toolbars and menus. Use the 'pin' button to keep the window on top. [Note: I'm not at my Reaper PC right now, so I can't verify that the 'pin' button is actually there in my tool. I assume it is standard on all Reaper windows, and not something that needs to be programmed into the script. If the 'pin' button isn't showing up for you, let me know.] I have the luxury of using dual monitors, and have the MIDI editor in a separate monitor than the GUI window, so I've never had to consider this problem, but I can certainly see how it would be annoying to have to keep re-focussing back-and-forth between the two windows.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote