View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #166
FnA
Human being with feelings

First of all, thanks! These are valuable additions to MIDI editing in REAPER. I tried them all just prior to your updating to SetAllEvents functionality and they all seemed to work without problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srdmusic View Post
Is there a clever way of halting or stopping all running scripts in the midi editor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
The state in the actions list actually reflects the toolbar state, not whether a looping script is still running. So if you have linked the scripts to toolbar buttons, the compress script's button should be highlighted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
To stop *all* running scripts, you can use the action ReaScript: Close all running ReaScripts, which is in the "Main" context of the Actions list.
Before I asked the question in srdmusics other thread I looked in one of the scripts. It seemed like you might have some means in place (the toolbar stuff) to terminate things. It might be nice to have one action to terminate any of the cc lane scripts which might be running. (but only those ones. Not ALL running scripts)

Possibly a third way for a user to organize the scripts: I put them all in a submenu in the CC lane right clicker. It seems to work pretty well that way. I like to use Accelerator letters. So to trigger an action goes like so:

Right Click
j - js submenu
2 - 2 sided acceleration

For most of the actions its easy to escape them by moving out of the lane. Right clicking again can allow using the menu as a path to go over without raising or lowering things. The ones it doesn't work well for are the ones that always have an event under the mouse cursor. Hacky and sloppy I admit. A single shortcut to kill any of your scripts which is in effect would clean that up nicely, I think. Possible?
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote