View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 08:11 AM   #42
NowoTone
Human being with feelings

I'm in two minds. I have a paid and a free SC account and used the paid one intensively for my electronica music. The free one is for my rock/pop based stuff, but really most of the songs on there are hidden, they are demos for collaborations with other people.

I lost interest in SC some time ago when they dropped the groups. I was very active in some of the groups and we had a nice community going in a couple of them, where I got to know some of the regulars really well and through those groups, there was always a ready audience for honest feedback. I met several musicians with whom I collaborated via the groups, but also found just music I liked and would never have heard of otherwise. The new system sucks, the community is gone and really all that is left in it for me is a place for my songs to live, so I can easily send links to other people.

So I went from being a fanatic soundcloud user, who was just about to switch his second account to a paid one and spent a lot of time exploring new sounds, to a really frustrated one, who doesn't really care about it anymore one way or another, in a couple of weeks.