View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #12
srdmusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I've updated the benchmarking page here:

http://landoleet.org/bench/

There are new builds of 5.11 with VS2013 to compare against the older (VC + ICC) builds.
Hi Justin,

Thank you very much for pushing the envelope and finding an even more efficient way of processing audio.

I've done some fairly extensive testing between the versions and I have detailed findings for you.

To sum up briefly, I'm seeing a 10-15% decrease in system resources in the 5.11 VS2013 compared to the latest pre-release 5.33 on larger sessions(850 tracks). Congrats on that as it's a huge improvement. This is btw, about a 50% decrease in processing compared to Steinberg's Cubase with the same template. I'm completely blow away by how much lower I can have my buffer settings in Reaper. THANK YOU!

There is also a very significant improvement in video processing. There is however, some visual freezing glitches on the VS2013 version, that I believe have something to do with my auto save preferences. This 5.11 version essentially solved my video processing issues, but if we can narrow down the freezing visual glitches that would help out a lot. Is there a way to recompile the latest pre-release in VS2013 so that I can test apples to apples? Just want to make sure it's not a newer preference causing the difference on the video side.

In addition, I'm wondering if it is possible to speak over the phone or via a Teamviewer session. It would be much easier to show you my findings, specs and processing preferences, then to try and typing them all out. I totally understand you'd rather continue through the forum but if that is possible I can direct message or email me for my contact info.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote