View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
XITE-1/4LIVE
Human being with feelings

Brotha'Man Arkima,
You have mistaken me for someone who knows what he is doing ...I don't.
I can play cause that's what I do for a living but I have used hardware sequencers, synths and effects since I was a youngsta.
I have been using Gigastudio/Scope DAW's and a QX-1/MC500Mk-II w/ Analog synths, and just started trying to learn Reaper.
But I was floored when I saw your skins. They not only match my XITE-1 Charcoal colors but my stage mixer Green too, so it was a double win for me.
Here's my first Reaper piece.
http://forums.planetz.com/download/file.php?id=7032
It has been destroyed by quantizing certain parts. I couldn't figure out the undo features, but in a month or so I should be alright.
We have been using Reaper lately for MIDI automation of hardware effects and lighting because of it's 900+ ppq capability.
I will go with 64bit as soon as my DSP 64bit drivers are out of BETA.
But your skins are way cool.
I did want to reflect my AUX channels in the DSP mixer but it's no biggie. It's usually the same 32 stereo channel template. With the 6 x effects on the AUX's I can bleed them in each channel according to taste like the big consoles do, so just having the skins right now is a good motivational tool for me to really dig into Reaper.
The hardware sequencers have been used for 25 years and the LED is burned out and the white stencilling on the keys has worn down to all black, so it's time to go soft.
I look forward to further refinements from you. But as it is...it's a perfect match.
Check out the Charcoal colores from the XITE-1...........they even match your skins......Coolness.

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 10-07-2010 at 12:29 AM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote