View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
fundorin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenarpharazon View Post
If the track selections are to be wider than a bank, then try using the native Reaper actions "Track: Select Track nn"
Since Reaper doesn't send current selected bank number to the device, it's not possible to simply multiply device track number by current bank number to reach the needed track. And, in case of device_bank_follows last_touched (I use this option), Reaper bank could start from any track in the project.

Selecting tracks by 1-99 actions isn't possible by the same reason. Let's say, I've clicked track 5 in Reaper. Then, the current bank would be tracks 5-12 for buttons 1-8 on the device. So, what action should be performed when I'd press button 3? Ideally, the device should send "select track 7 (keeping selection)". We can identify the bank position by using "last touched track" feedback from Reaper.
Now, let's try to select track 3 in Reaper, while track 5 is still selected. We press "bank-" button on the device. Now, the bank includes tracks 1-8 for buttons 1-8 and "last touched track" is still 5, which would mess the selection, if we would want to use "last touched" as an anchor point for direct selection action in Reaper. The script would still think that button 3 is mapped to the track 7, while we need it to select track 3.

I hope, you can follow my logic here. In short:
1. Using "last selected track" for direct selecting tracks isn't an option (there could be more than one that is already selected).
2. Device never knows what bank was selected.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote