View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 02:04 AM   #19
Airal
Banned

@karbo
Wow, your approach is pretty ignorant(get offended if you want, but you are being illogical). You are picking an choosing what the DAW should implement and not based on magic... on your whims... or on trying to to find a leg to stand on.

With your logic, one could say before reaper had midi support, that it is up to the OS to implement it(or drivers or whatever excuse you want) and magically hand that data to reaper. Before it had OSC support you could say it is not up to the DAW. Before it had support for surfaces you could say it is up to someone else to do the work. You can say whatever you want. And note, we are not talking about reaper implementing drivers for every single device that exists, or any specific device. We are talking about reaper adding support for modern technologies by using the new API's that were designed for apps like reaper to implement. We are not asking for reaper to do anything that it isn't suppose to like implementing a CNC machine control program.

BECAUSE at the end of the day, if reaper wants to stay competitive it has to stay current. That is what it all boils down to. One day you will get a BT MIDI device and it will either work or it won't. If, by that time, and other DAWS have support, you will request that reaper do the same. Then you will be in the same boat. And some person that doesn't understand the problem and say "Hey, that's not reapers problem" and you will try to explain why it is(or most likely is) and that person, being thick, will argue until they are blue in the face and neither side will get anywhere because one side is ignorant of the facts and will refuse to learn them to understand the problem enough to make valid decisions, cause, at the end of the day, they don't care because it is not effecting them.

You are not a flat earther or believe the moon landing was a fake, are you?

Don't take this as a personal attack, we are all ignorant at something. But you have no chips in the game and it is obvious and you have not backed up your side with any facts what so ever so I have no alternative but to conclude what I have until I'm proven wrong. Come up with facts if you want to continue this discussion in an meaningful way. Or better yet, go do something more useful like create music, since that is what we are ultimately arguing about. By trying to piss on my parade just because you have to piss is not helpful to anyone and eventually someone will do the same to because what comes around goes around.
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote