Thread: AAX and knobs
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 04:25 PM   #29
earlevel
Human being with feelings

That was too long-winded—should have split the AAX issues and control description into two messages, sorry.

There are a few more changes for AAX parameters that aren't in the pull request, it's just the minimum to fix the problem discussed in this thread. I won't go into much detail here, leave it for an AAX-fix discussion thread for anyone pursuing fixing AAX in their fork/branch, with enums. For integers, this change is also needed in IPlugAAX.cpp:

Code:
case IParam::kTypeInt:
  AAX_CLinearTaperDelegate<int,1>((int)p->GetMin(), (int)p->GetMax()),
Note the change from <int> to <int,1>.

Background: My plugin was originally TDM, so this AAX version had exact functionality as top priority. That includes automation in old Pro Tools projects—the existing automation had to give the same plugin settings, so any rounding had to be 100% correct. There are other changes I made, fixes for broken transport support, adding control highlight support, shortened parameter-name support, etc.

I'm not on a crusade here, I don't have a lot of free time and I'll shut up if there is no interest. To be blunt: If your AAX isn't behaving right, it's because IPlug has some things wrong. Some plugins will be lucky and work right, but in general AAX won't work right for an arbitrary feature set.
earlevel is offline   Reply With Quote