View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 01:37 AM   #23
bladerunner
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by insub View Post
I didn't know that, thanks.
It's frustrating actually. It's only the GUI of VOS plugins that uses the synthmaker framework. All the DSP code is custom. If only he had gone that way for the gui too..

Quote:
Well, either way, going all 64bit means that none of your free VST will be synthedit or synthmaker plugins. And, probably means they've been active in development fairly recently.
Yes, going 64 bit is a good way to come away from plugins of that nature. In fairness though, it has to be said, that there are many plugins made with those frameworks that are perfectly stable.

Quote:
I'm using many less plugins now, free or otherwise. I spent an inordinate amount of time searching and trialing free plugins when I switched to REAPER. I think I've got my select plugins dialed-in now. Most of them freeware, JS, or bundled with REAPER. There is so much available for free now, it's incredible.
I could easily do all my professional work with just free plugins if I chose to so, yes, I agree it's pretty incredible just what is available for free now. Throw in occasional free giveaways of paid products and it takes things even higher.
bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote