View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #22
rohi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork Lard View Post
wow, those are instructions I actually understand and can apply. I'll do it ASAP, but I'll still record the clean guitar take through my 5150 amp no distortion, clean channel, it'll be much better sound quality wise that way rather than clean straight to the soundcard for sure. And then I'll try to follow those instructions and post a sample link here... and you guys can tell me where I fucked up.

About finding your own sound: again, if you're just randomly trying stuff with very little actual knowledge, you could potentially lose years (which I have, remote experimentation) where you could just ask someone who's got a clue on a forum and at least be sent on the right path.
The reason why he suggested to go DI rather than mic your actual amp is to utilize the Amp Sim/Cab IR.

IMHO, you'll have more flexibility with VSTs than your amp at this moment, especially when you're experimenting with a sound. If you choose to record your amp rather than use the suggest method above, you'll find yourself re-recording the same take over and over again experimenting with things like different mic positions when you could just tweak your VST to get the desired results. Once you can achieve the tone you want on the VST, replicate the setup in real life with actual gear. You got this man.
rohi is offline   Reply With Quote