View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:44 PM   #372
cjewellstudios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
That tutorial caused me lot of problems. It describes an unnecessary, convoluted workaround that was confusing then and entirely outdated now. Reaper blog ought to remove it honestly; it's only going to create more confusion.

Ironic thing is, it was about the only guide there was for years and many people like me would ask lb0 why it wasn't working and it's because ReaLearn and SmartKnobs were never intended to work together; he'd never even used realearn.
To be fair, midi/daw control with feedback is/was/and probably will be for a long time a convoluted subject to begin with.

I agree that it was a little bit deeper in the weeds than necessary. But I'm sure almost everybody in this thread knows the extreme lengths we would all go to get a nice, reliable midi hardware setup. That video was just where I was at in that journey and I thought it would help people.

Definitely sorry that it caused you grief! There were a few sad stories of people not getting things working.

I've since moved on to CSI and just like helgoboss, Geoff is doing some really great things over there. I almost wish them two and lb0 would combine their mind and see what they came up with
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote