View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 05:51 PM   #11
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaasten View Post
Btw- thank you for your hard work!! This is the only thing i miss in Reaper

And.. How is the notes to split, if i should not click the mouse?
Sorry for this- i hate being such a noob
In the current versions of REAPER, ReaScripts cannot yet (directly) detect or react to mouse clicks. It is therefore not necessary to click the mouse while a script is running. In fact, if the mouse click changes anything (such as note selection), it may confuse the script that is running, so it is usually safer to avoid clicking altogether.

To stop the script normally, simply press the shortcut key again. (Press it once to start the script, and once again to stop the script.) When the script stops normally, it will automatically do the splitting of whatever notes intersect the line.
* (The first time that the script is stopped, REAPER will pop up a dialog box
* asking whether to terminate or restart the script. Select "Terminate"
* and "Remember my answer for this script".)

The script will also quit (but without splitting anything) if the mouse moves out of the piano roll's notes area. In your GIF, it seems that you clicked the right mouse button, and then moved the mouse into the popup menu, which REAPER also interprets as moving the mouse out of the notes area. The script therefore quit without splitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaasten View Post
I still get the error. And for some reason, when i draw a new note, after using the tool, the Velocity is 0 for all new notes.
In REAPER's MIDI editor, clicking on a note sets the velocity for new notes. If you clicked on one of the tiny notes that are used to draw the script's "cutting line", it would have set the velocity for new notes to 1.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote