View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #186
Bob Headroom
Human being with feelings

@snooks. That's interesting. I thought I had read that it was at the end of this year that support was ending. Either way, ending it is and I guess it is another sign pointing me closer and closer to a Win7 install.

@innuendo. Perhaps it is time to hang up our boots on this one then. I can install Firefox and have a play around with that. If it does not crash the websites that crash in Chrome, then at least I will have a stable PC while making the plans for my Win7 move. As to whether the files I create on the PC in the meantime may be corrupted or have any other problems, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. My gut tells me that they should be fine and that any problems would be with system files rather than data. Let's hope my gut is right! It would be a nightmare if the files I've been creating this last month or two (and those I'll create before installing Win7) have problems... So here's to hoping!

Huge massive gigantic thanks to everyone who tried to help, and of course especially to innuendo whose generosity and kindness (and patience!) goes some way to restoring faith in humanity...

Cheers

Max
Bob Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote