View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings

Thanks -- I understand that @gfx can hang reaper -- but I think if you look at the code you will see that it should never do that -- none of the loops in those two functions should ever execute anything, ever. It's basically calling two null functions.

And again, if you make the slightest change to the code, it runs fine and never hangs.

E.g. the first while is "while (index+slidervar-1<0)". If you change that to "while (index+slidervar<0)", it never hangs.

slidervar is 1103. If instead of "slidervar=floor((slider1/1000)*srate+.5);" you say "slidervar=1103;", it never hangs.

So the "it should never ever do anything" plus "it's weirdly sensitive" make me think a bug (or PEBKAC) is afoot.

If there was a multithreading bug between @slider and @gfx, where @gfx was sometimes seeing sliderval as 0, that might explain it. I'd still scratch my head a little about why it's so sensitive to any code changes in funcB, but perhaps some kind of pileup effect of semi-busy @gfx calls is in play.

But JSFX/EEL2 has confused me 100 times and then I learn something new about its nuances, hence my query here about something I'm overlooking.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote