View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #82
technogremlin
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh View Post
regarding Freeware Synths :
my favourite ones are iblit/polyiblit and Voyager (Oatmeal you already have)
Also search for soundbanks, especially for voyager there are many out there. if you don't find them, pm me and I send you.
I hate the default gui of Voyager, seriously putting me off. I tend to program my own sounds so for me this is important. I tried to use LimeFlavour's skin for it but that has a strange quirk in Reaper. Works without problems in Orion though but these days Reaper is my main daw so that's why I passed on Voyager. And let's not forget my primary goal here; cutting down on the amount of plugins

Quote:
Oh and one effect I don't wanna miss ist TAL DUB II , my go to effect for delay :
I eliminated TAL Dub II because it uses the most CPU of all the delays I tested and it doesn't really have any real unique functionality. Something like RetroDelay has a lot more features.

Quote:
And dblue Glitch is a must if you need something totally weird effect-wise. Many producers use it, yet it's still freeware.
I have Glitch... and a few more plugins in that realm Will llist them when I get to that chapter though.

Quote:
Another great Organ is ORGANized Trio :
Agreed that it sounds nice but how many organs do you need. I ditched Trio mainly because of the nagscreen (it is donationware after all) and because there are good alternatives (being mainly NubiLE).

Quote:
I believe one could easily do full productions just with Reaper and freeware, yet I find a lot of payware is very comfortable to use and comes with tons of presets. That's why I buy payware as well.
As you might have noticed I have a lot of (legaly registered) payware as well but I look at it from the other side; a lot of freeware is also comfortable to use and sounds as good (or sometimes even better) as payware.
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote