View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #74
planetnine
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
References?

Assuming the references you are going to provide soon withstand scrutiny, which data is your 'personal' data? It is required to, and has a very specific definition.

References? Anything I send to another individual regarding commercial business should honour client confidentiality. To know their IT systems could be intentionally farming data out is horrifying!

The default install and running config of Win10 gives MS carte blanche access to read email, contacts lists and anything typed. Am I living in a different universe or something Karbo, is that sort of thing ok in your part of the world? Is this going to be the new "normal"..?

I just feel anything with any confidentiality or intellectual property cannot be sent with or to a Windows10 machine, because unless set up carefully (and rechecked after every update or reboot) a Windows10 machine lets MS harvest it. For me that is not acceptable. For any government other than the US whose citizens use Win10 that should certainly not be acceptable.

Don't tell me you're part of the cosy ignorance flock now? I just can't believe this is not a big problem to everyone.

With your country's (and probably ours, too) record of letting their security services do what the hell they like with companies' databases and data, that's it -1984 was just 32 years behind schedule...

Back to the standalone linux firewall methinks.

Edit: And it looks like I'll have to get an enterprise edition licence to control updates too, from what I can tell, Win10-Pro doesn't let you stop them, only limited scheduling...

>