View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 05:53 AM   #36
Karmoon
Human being with feelings

Default New demo and refined feedback

Mr Elwood,

I am very happy that my feedback is useful to you. It's the least I can do.

I made another demo, this time more hard rock, kind of an Iron Maiden style track:

https://clyp.it/3o4ixhyr

I also figured out a workaround for the random 'gain' issue.

It seems this only happens when I am recording. So I tracked the guitars using Emissary, and then quite simply dragged the DIs over. This eliminated the issue entirely, and in fact I was able to complete the mini project without the need to render the AmpEra tracks at all.

This is pretty big for me. The stability of recording with it was driving me crazy, and it did lead to a few ideas lost. This simple workaround gave me something stable to work with.

So the demo is 6 instances of AmpEra. With a good deal of other processing going on. Had no problems. My machine isn't bad, but it isn't particularly modern either.

The focus of this demo is obviously going straight for the Marshall sound and the plugin nails it. I like the fact that you haven't gone for (and limited yourself) to specific model emulations. It's like you've captured the point behind amplification and not got caught up on minutia.

You have good points concerning delay and reverb, you know more than me and I hadn't considered your perspective. Ultimately they can be bypassed easily, so it's no problem.

I think AmpEra is better than Emissary at capturing this style and era of guitar amplification. I'm not sure if I can give any higher praise than 'better than Emissary' at something hahaha.

Also, randomly, I really like the EQ section. It gives a lot of meaningful choices and actually has an impact. The structure reminds me of my ENGL 530.

I wanted to do more demos, try out my stratocaster, mess around with the MESA, and try using it for ambient work, but unfortunately I have to go on holiday and my wife won't let me take a guitar.
Karmoon is offline   Reply With Quote