View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 03:05 AM   #544
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
It would actually be pretty straightforward to adapt the Multi Tool for envelopes in the arrange window. REAPER's scripting capabilities are sufficient, and the interface and algorithms of the existing script can easily be adapted to envelopes. However, it would still take a lot of time, so I can't promise anything for the near future.
I'm pleased to hear it's possible. It's a shame it would be so time intensive, but I expected as much. Totally understand if you don't get round to it, but my fingers are crossed that you decide to do it at some point. I would be eternally grateful, as would many others I expect.

Hopefully Sexan can get tilt and compress/expand vertically working smoothly for envelope editing in his area selection script, as that would solve a fair few of the issues that an envelope multitool would solve anyway.

The combination of the two would be killer - I'm dreaming of a wonderful Reaper future where we can area select part of an envelope (or even multiple envelope area selections), hit a shortcut for the multitool, and just start editing all the area selections at once.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote