View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #2
ashcat_lt
Human being with feelings

Can't answer all of these, but I'll try to cover what I can. Mostly just to subscribe to the thread and see answers from people who understand it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCsa View Post
1) What is offset? What unit with respect to what?
Pretty sure it's a number of samples into the current block. The midi send/receives happen on every block (interface sample buffer period), which can be a pretty coarse measurement, and this parameter tells it when exactly in that block the event should happen.

Quote:
4) Why is buf initialized the way it is? What type is it?
Looks like buf is an index into the one unique variable array available to the effect. The value set there is actually the first slot in the array to which this variable will refer. Basically, it's the position of buf[0] in the greater array. If you set foo = x, and bar = x, then foo[y] will reference exactly the same slot as bar[y]. IDK why you'd want to start this buffer 100,000 slots into the array in this particular case. Maybe just to keep it out of the way in case you want to do other things?

Quote:
5) Does buf[i] access the bytes of the variable buf?
I think I just answered that, but it's confusing, so I'll put it another way. buf[i] references the (buf+i)th slot in the array.

Hope some of this helps, and looking forward to answers to some of the others.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote