View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #493
jalfk
Human being with feelings

Firstly, the implementation of hiding children in the render matrix is absolutely fantastic, I am legitimately thrilled that that was implemented.

My ONLY OTHER feature request which I think is actually meaningful enough to be nagging about is fixing the release stage of ReaGate. I say "fix" because, if you read the threat I created on this feature request over 7 years ago, and scroll down to the pictures another user posted, you can see that ReaGate is almost unique among gates in that the release stage is very unnatural and linear sounding. Almost all other gates have a more exponential curvature to the release stage and the only gate which we ascertained having such a linear release is a specific setting on a gate which otherwise is exponential. This is a plugin I use a lot when I am mixing and it is other wise perfect. People complain about reacomp and other plugins but I use most of them frequently and they are good fantastic. But ReaGate is objectively broken and needs this trivial fix which I've been moaning about for 7 years. Would be nice if that was implemented, then I'm all out of feature requests for this decade because reaper rocks.

ReaGate thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=96904
jalfk is offline   Reply With Quote