View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 12:56 PM   #446
sai'ke
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkmusic View Post
Wow. I don't know if i'd have a use for it, but it's quite impressive what you manage to achieve with JS/Lua, and I will give it a go for sure
Haha yes, it's probably a pretty niche thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobsen View Post
You really did it!! I was hoping this would happen one day, after my secret plans to create a companion vst for Hackey kind of failed/stalled. Thank you so much for all your incredible work here .. once again!

Quote:
edit: Had to play around a bit before heading to bed. Finding loop points in string samples from "st-01" felt a bit like coming home .
That's really nice to hear

Quote:
I think it would be helpful if the sample index number in the background of the JS plugin would be in hex instead of decimal.
Yes, that's a good point. Should be fixed now.

Quote:
Did you consider having the option for multiple output channels?
Yes, I'll probably make it an option to emit each track to a separate set of pins soonish. Just haven't gotten round to it. I want to test if/how it impacts performance when that functionality is not being used. I may have to make two separate plugins out of it.

Quote:
Overall I am in complete awe, this really is the tracker integration into REAPER that I always dreamed of.
That's nice to hear. Please let me know if there are any bugs. FRs are also welcome (as long as they are reasonable and doable without impacting performance too much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Amazing, thanks sai'ke!

I know it's early, but a couple of FR's for the sample module, Mute/Solo and Multiple outputs. Playback cursor would be nice
Mute/Solo is something that's more intended to be done in the tracker front-end. It's not hard to implement, but it feels a bit like duplicating controls (which may get confusing). Let me check if/how it affects performance. If not at all, I'll add some controls.

I've added a playback cursor on the pads yesterday, but one on the big sample view is still in the works.

Quote:
Would it be possible to have drag and drop from the timeline to the sampler module as you can with vsts
I tried this, but it doesn't work. I don't know of a way to achieve that in JSFX at the moment.

This is the reason I ended up making that script for importing from the timeline. I probably wouldn't have made that if it worked.

Quote:
Or from the media browser to the sample module embedded in the tcp? I imagine that's probably a Reaper limitation
I've never played with embedded gfx yet. I'll see if I can take that for a spin.