View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #57
juliansader
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcartwright View Post
The thread got me thinking about MIDI CC actions that would help my workflow. I came up with this script a little while ago for my own purposes, but others (cough juliansader cough) could run with the idea and make it much more robust.

Basically, the script enters a series of CC events under selected notes. I have it hard coded to CC# 2 (which is what most of my VSTis use for dynamics), but I bet a little tweaking could allow it to work with any number of CC numbers.
This is indeed a useful script! The rudimentary requirement of "insert CCs precisely at note position" is strangely missing from REAPER and has also been the motivation for several of my own scripts.

[EDIT: Your script fills an important lacuna in my scripts: how to precisely insert CCs at note position if the note is not quantized to the grid.]

I would actually like to compile a list of simple but useful MIDI CC actions (such as yours) that can be added to REAPER - particularly if they are already found in other DAWs.

[Much later EDIT: I have since added several scripts to position CCs at note position: here and here.]

Last edited by juliansader; 10-30-2016 at 05:48 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote