View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #159
serr
Human being with feelings

Every now and then I peruse some of the windows help threads I stumble across around here. They usually leave my jaw hanging open. There are enough technical challenges with computers and digital audio without throwing in untested hardware configurations and having to manually rewrite half of your OS to get things mostly working.

There's no doubt that there is a lot you can do with a windows running system these days. Windows has come a long way... That's not right. Windows users have come a long way in forging working systems. I'm impressed with some of the level of workarounds I see people coming up with but I'd rather see that effort directed towards audio endeavors.

I think that the couple hundred dollars you might save on the hardware is more than offset by the extra setup work, restricted OS and fewer software choices.

I do agree that this was a much easier argument a few years ago when you could not make things work in windows no matter what you tried.

The problem I see now is that apple is drunk with their consumer gadget sales. They released no pro computers this last year. Worrisome...
If apple stops, I'll be looking to the linux community I think.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote