View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #52
PitchSlap
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viente View Post
Actually i hope it will. There are more important things to be done. Fix a lot of bugs left and polish all theese great features its already has. No need for another half-baked feature. We have ableton live and bitwig which are great for this task. I'd better see implementation of long awaited editing features and new modern UI. Just my 2 cents...

P.S. I always wonder if people need session view so badly, why they choose Reaper over Ableton Live and Bitwig?
As great as this is and as happy as I am to see it, it can only ever be a "half-baked feature" compared to what Cockos could do natively (I'd love to be proven wrong), and based on your logic, no DAWs should ever advance and implement innovative features from each other.

Why would I want this in Reaper when I could just go spend another $800 on Ableton Suite or $450 on Bitwig just to lose all the great unique things Reaper has to offer? No thanks, I think I'll keep hoping Cockos finally includes this much requested functionality that nearly every DAW geared towards modern music production has added in one way or another.

Not everyone has the same wants and needs, but I'd be pretty disappointed to see Cockos ignore this to spend more time on a "new modern UI" when they already spend god knows how much time on WALTER for 4.0 and there are dozen's of themes and customizations to chose from. Why should they waste time on that? If a "modern UI" is so important to you, go buy the DAW that already has one, and if you want more editing features, just go buy a Pro Tools rig.