View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #100
kelldammit
Human being with feelings

all i'm doing is running reaper, and hitting the page up/down buttons on my sl25 compact
here's how it works here with 3.7:

the button beneath the first channel control knob is the globals page, which is fine. paging down from here just pulls up the "this row does not have any active controls"...etc.

the second channel button opens a page with the master volume, pan, and the selected track's volume/pan info, but no label to tell me what it is, and no other tracks show up there. if i hit the page down button, i now see the panning info for all tracks with labels. each successive page down shows the rest of the tracks as would be normal.

the third button opens a page with sus, sft, spedal, etc controller info (the selected track is a piano)
page down gets me all of the tracks' mixer volumes. successive page downs show the volumes for the rest of the tracks as is correct.

4th button has nothing assigned, and no additional pages.

5th button pulls shows prev/next marker, |<<, >>|, loop start/end, add marker, and clear rec arm. paging down gets me my solo's for all of the tracks, paging down from there on works correctly as well.

6th button is the selected track's solo, mute, bypass fx. paging down shows each track's arm (a-ha! there it is!) status.

7th button shows Fn1-8, paging down shows all the tracks' mute status.

8th button shows learn off, view, open browser for user, fx, inst., if i hit the top button to select any of these browsers, nothing happens in reaper, and a page with the appropriate name (FX) and page 1 of 1 opens on the novation. i have to hit the same button again (there is no indication of which button, or an exit option in the page), and then automap apparently reloads the mapping and returns to the learn off, etc page.
paging down here does nothing.

so, it would appear that it's a simple issue of the mapping...but those open browser buttons should have some sort of exit option. if you don't hit the right button to leave that window, it can just hang there.

[EDIT]
mapping pictures are here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/223698/...25-compact.zip

i took all four pages of mapping from the same project i described above.

kell

-OR-

feed the children. preferably to starving wild animals.

Last edited by kelldammit; 10-03-2009 at 02:57 PM.
kelldammit is offline   Reply With Quote