View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 06:22 PM   #98
heda
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
All copies I make, even though I change those to be my Kontakt, Bass or Drums templates for exemple, when I reopen the script it always shows all my templates, basically the settings saved for the original lua.

How can my make my copies remember their settings ?

https://i.imgur.com/rPeWus1.gifv
Hello Pinknoise
to create new instances:
  • 1) Copy the file "HeDa_Track Templates VIP.lua" to the "Track Templates VIP settings" folder and rename this copy to "HeDa_Track Templates VIP 4.lua" for example.
  • 2) Add the file "HeDa_Track Templates VIP 4.lua" to actions list in REAPER. Using the "Load" button.
  • 3) Edit it. With the action selected, click the "Edit" button.
  • 4) Change the instance number:
    you will see a line in the code
    instance = 1
    change it to instance = 4 or any unique number (more than 3, used by the default included 3 instances)
  • 5) Close and save it or CTRL+S and run it.
This new instance should save all preferences in this instance to the file "TT_Settings_4.cfg" in the "Track Templates VIP settings" folder. So you could use different instances to change the templates home directory on each one and it may be faster for you because it is a bit slow loading the window as I see in your gifs. Maybe because you have many templates and subfolders. So making a unique instance to each different subfolder as home, may increase launching speed.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote