View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 08:14 AM   #120
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Just a quick post to let you all know that I am still working on this baby. I will keep it short. I'd rather spend time actually improving the filter than writing long posts

Changelog:
- Using MIDI velocity can be found under MIDI2 now.
- Did a lot of stability tweaks. Hopefully less issues with the SWRs and expensive moog now. Considering getting rid of the cheapo version of the moog since it is horribly unstable (essentially just uses a wrong jacobian).
- I cheapened the BP version of the wasp-like filter. Technically, this introduces small errors in the solution procedure, but I can't tell the difference on any audio sample I've tried.
- Added another Kr0g version which is more stable and can handle higher cutoffs.
- Modified the default presets to not have the resonance of the second filter set to max on start . Might have to reload them for this though, not sure if REAPER updates this automatically.

To do list:
- Parallel filter mode I will look into.
- Randomize button should be doable.
- Inversily linking gains should be possible.
- Ramp down I will check.
- DYN/LFO buttons per filter require some refactoring. I'm also rapidly running out of parameter storage. Packing them is what I've been doing, but I'm running out of combinations of settings that are still sensibly related somehow. I will try, but no promises.
- Total overflow would be interesting to find reproducible conditions for. I suspect that somewhere, deep down, there may still be a gremlin lurking that rears its ugly head rarely. It would be great to nip it in the bud but for that I do need reproducible conditions.
- Wahwah filter. All I'm finding are pretty expensive models though, so expect this to become a CPU hog.
- Add anti-aliased version of tanh and fast tanh for cleaner output.

Unrelated:
I do like the audio clips being uploaded. I can put some of them on the first post as demo's if you like.
- MIDI2 mode has no hold control. (at least you can't change it but take it from MIDI1) But the velocity feature makes it really versatile. So much color and movement! ヽ(♡‿♡)ノ

- since pre last version, while zapping the presets the delay jumps to 26000 and doesn't come down till it begins crackle a few minutes later. Have no idea what causes it. (works again after reload or a longer pause)

- I had a strange GUI glitch but also without any reproducible info for you.

- and finally I had a preset which lets the LFO send impulse like signals which seems to be fixed now.

Yes, you call it your baby. It can cry like hell but also giggle smoothly. And you have to make sure to always touch it gently if you don't want to make it raging.