View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:02 AM   #14
Time Waster
Human being with feelings

I have added a Added 'Random Note Gate' module to the ReaRack3 zip file in the stash here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/34071/ReaR...dularSynth.zip

This module passes or blocks MIDI note-on messages depending on the probability setting. The probability setting can be modulated. I haven't really tested this module, but it seems to work. Let me know of any bugs.

If using the ReaRack3 Envelope Multi-tool module (EG) to modulate the probability, I would suggest the following method:

1) Place the Envelope multi-tool on a separate track and send the output to the track receiving the notes, which will also house the random note gate. The EG is on a separate track because it requires a note to trigger it, and that note would get passed through and mixed in with the actual notes you want if was on the same track as note gate. I may address this issue in a later version.

2) Use the Note Sequencer preset to set up the EG as a sequencer. Set the output to the control signal of your choice. Set the trigger mode to either 'triggered single pass', or 'loop - latch triggered'. You will need to set up the stage lengths as appropriate for your note spacing.

3) Use a MIDI item to send a note to trigger the envelope generator. You may need to have the timing of the trigger note slightly earlier than the note timing to make sure that the probability value is changed before each note is played. Theoretically, if you use 'loop - latch triggered', you should only need to send one trigger note to set the sequence going as a loop. Using 'triggered single pass' with multiple trigger noted however would guarantee that the sequence starts in the correct place each pass. As mentioned, I haven't tested this.