View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #132
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256 View Post
Hi,

Just giving this a go, not getting very far

I've installed Smart knobs and Stripper Lua Scrips, and the Faderbox JS plugin, and have my track named:__LBX_SKCTL as suggested. I also added Faderbox to the FX of my track

I'm not clear if I need to have stripper running. If not running, when hitting learn in Smart Knobs I get:

...es\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX_SRD_Smart Knobs.lua:1398: attempt to index a nil value (global 'FFX')

I can trigger Stripper (after installing the resources as directed by the error). I added a ReaEq strip to stripper, and this is controlling ReaEQ as expected.

Right clicking in smart knobs doesn't offer any param list like in your gif. Learn doesn't do anything

Once this is all working I think a howto is needed for noobs like me, which I will happily do.

Thanks!
Hi James,

Stripper is entirely separate to Smart Knobs - so requires different setup for the faderbox track.

But what you've described is correct for the Smart Knobs script. Have to say - I don't use the Learn button - and it's not essential to get it working - but I think you're hitting Learn without there being a plugin focused (and have found a bug!).

Anyway - have you learned (using Reaper's MIDI Learn system) your controller to the faderbox sliders?

That's the first step - so open up the faderbox and MIDI Learn each slider in the faderbox to each encoder in your BCR.

Once this is done - save the Faderbox track as a track template - so you can easily recall it for other projects.

Now run the Smart Knobs script - focus a plugin - you should be able to click on a row in SK (Smart Knobs) - and get a dropdown containing all the available plugin parameters.

Select your required parameters accordingly and hit the SAVE button to save this setup for the plugin.

As long as your BCR controller (or any controller you've setup) has been correctly mapped to the faderbox - it should now control the mapped parameters for the plugin.

Let me know how you get on - it's been a long time since I've used the script - as I've been developing a v2 of the SK script for a while now. I'll be releasing v2 at some point - but it may not be for everyone as it has very specific setup requirements - which some people may not like.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote