View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #94
Renan L.B
Human being with feelings

Haven't read through all the thread yet (which i'm going to do next) only the tempo mapping tutorial but gotta say I LOVE IT. It's so frickin sweet, quick and easy to tempo map on REAPER

I also had an idea and i'm using my controller (korg padkontrol) for tempo mapping and freeing up more keys in the keyboard for shortcuts/macros. For those who own this machine or a similar one here's what i did following Bevosss instructions (with a little extras) in case someone is interested:

There are 16 Pads and they are numbered in sequence top to bottom from Top Left to Bottom Right. I created a new Scene (Scene 16) on my controller and edited all pads to work with MIDI CC's and not NOTES (which can be done pretty easily with the Padkontrol Editor Librarian, similar to M-audio Enigma) This way i can use the pads to control actions/macros or other stuff on REAPER.

Here is my configuration:

Pad 01 Go back one measure
Pad 02 Go forward one measure
Pad 03 Go back one beat
Pad 04 Go forward one beat
Pad 05 Markers: Go To Previous Marker/Project Start
Pad 06 Markers: Go to Next Marker/Project End
Pad 07 Move cursor to previous transient in selected items
Pad 08 Move cursor to next transient in selected items
Pad 09 Nudge Marker under cursor left
Pad 10 Nudge Marker under cursor right
Pad 11 Deleter Marker near cursor
Pad 12 Go to Start of Project
Pad 13 Zoom Out Horizontal
Pad 14 Zoom In Horizontal
Pad 15 Insert Marker at current position
Pad 16 Transport: Play/Stop

Pratically, i can do the whole thing keyboard/mouse free, it's amazing! (except for Part 3 because i ran out of pads! I could use a knob instead but it "feels" so wrong for a Macro, LOL!)

Loads of fun!

Last edited by Renan L.B; 12-18-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Renan L.B is offline   Reply With Quote