View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Hey BenK-msk, when you say that latency is 5-8 ms overall, is that something that you have measured? And is that combined with audio interface latency? I have to admit that I'm still curious about Aerodrums. I should have ordered it long and just tried it out to see. But I will give the vdrums a try and see how it goes.
That figure is including my rme at lowest setting (around 1ms) and the software own triggering latency which a determined by the 125 fps camera.

I got that figure from dev thread post and it varies as compares frames of motion capture but the minimum is 5 apparently
I don't know what modern ekit detection latency is these days but it seemed 8 was an average a while back.

Best I could get with my diy ekit was triggering latency of several ms

The playability is excellent, with headphones I can play v quick snare rolls etcs and am limited by my ability mostly!

May seem like a toy but doesnt play like it, velocity response is impressive, which I think makes the difference to programmed drums to achieve realism. Is a genuinely useful tool for me. Could never have room for all the gubbins of full ekit, I can get going now in about 30seconds.
The Hours spent fiddling with sensitive settings with old piezo based setups are long gone, get cam in good position (it's picky) then all good.

They just released a beta with snazzy 3d vr graphics which tbh I don't need but can make starting out more engaging.

Last edited by BenK-msx; 06-09-2018 at 02:29 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote