View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #31
brainwreck
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Worth remembering that there are regular large discounts on SD3, especially if you are up/cross-grading from another TT product.
I seem to remember moving from EZD2 to SD2 for less than $100.

As far as the hihat triggering issues are concerned, I got an e-drum version of EZD2 during the pre-beta of the most recent update to EZD2 and of course SD3 Alpha. Might be worth checking with TT Product Manager to see if you have an outstanding update to do on EZD2. But for what its worth there still isnt a top/bottom snare mic in the basic kit supplied weith EZD2 but there IS in many of the EZXs.

I use Nashville a fair bit and it certainly does have the 2 snare mics.

Since tyou can regularly get EZX on sale for around 30 quid it might be worth looking at what is available.

I need to revisit AD to refresh my memory of what it can and cant do, as well.
Here's the thing for me. I got Addictive Drums 2 with 3 kits of my choice, 3 additional kit pieces of my choice, and 3 MIDI packs of my choice, new for $80. It has nice features that fully support e-drums, the kits sound pretty good, and velocity/round-robin levels are pretty good. I guess my only reservation is that the room channels aren't great, but they are still plenty usable. And I didn't have to jump through upgrade hoops to get it. That is less than I paid for Ezdrummer 2 where I didn't get to pick anything, and it lacks some really basic stuff, even over the first version of Ezdrummer. Listening to demos of Superior 3, it sounds good, but I don't need the hassle of trying to jump through upgrade hoops, constantly looking for a deal.