View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 02:16 AM   #3
Masi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
In these forums, there are multiple threads on Surface device Reaper extensions (including "DrivenByMoss4Reaper", "Klinke" and "CSI") these might help with integrating the XTouch One (and hundreds of other Control Surfaces) and to define a workflow for same the meets the actual user's workflow desires (which is heavily depending on the dedicated task they want to accomplish).
If I understand the request the workflow is simple enough: select a single track in Reaper, the single track surface controller will select the same track.

From what I have gathered using control surfaces in Reaper is a PITA. While I have the impression that (some) hardware vendors sometimes don't make it easy for DAW developers, but also that Cockos has controls surfaces not very high on its priority list.

I thought about buying a XTouch One, but its odd that this very basic feature doesn't work. It's so basic that I didn't even expect it could not be working out of the box.

I'm fine with spending time to create a very personal worklflow, but I'm disappointed if any given software/hardware combination doesn't offer at least a useful out-of-the-box experience.

But it strikes me odd that there are issues as Beheringer ships the XTouch One even with Reaper UI overlay.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote