View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #21
larrygates
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by the all new rob View Post
I listened and didn't hear a difference (I have JBL studio monitors ). They don't null, I can see the meter flying. Now that I look at your settings, 40Hz is below my rolloff.

Edit: I can hear it if I crank way up past my usual monitoring level.
Exactly, that's what it's for, it's not for low level grooving, as your drivers won't "move" unless they are being put under pressure. I'm just putting more pressure on the drivers of "your" speakers to make the sound have much more weight than acoustically possible. You should hear it in a car or in a club, or just LOUD as hell. But if you're style is Nora Jones(ish) then this won't really work for you, but it can add nice dimension to the low end, you would use higher freq than I would.

Thanks for listening. Oh, you probably saw how it added depth to the signal, but again, it's all preference, and this is def my pref.

Just listened myself, you may want to put on a pair of Headphones to really hear what it does. I did it with head phones, so I went very very very light on the effect, I wouldn't go much further than what I did to it anyway though, but def more now that I've got to listen on my Quested Mains. But subs will really make that effect jump, and when it's gone, everyone will know.

Thanks DUB, you've brought back 1 part of TDM for me, I love it.

Last edited by larrygates; 06-16-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Thanks DUB
larrygates is offline   Reply With Quote